Friday 5 August 2016

Persian Tiles

One of the things in my seemingly never-ending 'to do' list has been to weave in the ends on my sister's wedding blankets. I should really have done this long ago, as they spent three weeks in South Asia on their honeymoon, but the weather was just too hot for working on a blanket. When I make blankets I spread them over my legs - I mean, where else would they go? And unfortunately, the short-lived British summer made this impossible! So the blankets were not ready for them coming home from Bali. They are ready now, however!



Fortunately for the blankets, the temperatures have dropped since my sister returned home (though probably not so fortunate for my sister, coming home from a tropical paradise to damp and dreary?!) and so I was able to bite the bullet. I hate weaving in ends with a passion! I usually like to weave as I go, crocheting each row over the ends of the last. I could do this for some rows, but unfortunately the nature of the blanket design meant that I had a lot of ends hanging out, and in the name of a speedy finish I made the rookie mistake of leaving all ends til last....



It literally took me days to get these ends finished, but I finally finished them several days ago. I am so glad to get them off my plate though - the blankets look amazing. I don't think I will ever use this pattern again, as I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed, say, Sophie. But I can't deny that it is a beautiful pattern, and I know that my sister will treasure it. And with the UK winter coming, you know they're going to need them!!



Success!!

No comments: