Monday 11 July 2016

Absolutely Fabulous!

Oh, I do love a good yarn box, and this one was Absolutely Fabulous... Literally. Back in April when I had a bit of extra money from my Ragged Priest work, I saw that Lollipop Guild Yarns were doing an Absolutely Fabulous themed yarn box. Growing up in the 80's and 90's, I was of course hooked on the TV show as a teen, and so how could I turn it down? The Facebook post promised two skeins of yarn - a collaboration between Lollipop Guild and DeFarge yarns - a crochet hook, and some extra surprise goodies. Yes please!!

And so, knowing that the packs were due to go out in the first week of July, I have been stalking Mr Postie like a madwoman, and this morning my diligence was thusly rewarded! I have yarn!!!



When I opened the parcel I found two 100g skeins of beautiful sock weight yarn - One each for Eddie and Patsy. I love these yarns. It's so hard to choose a favourite. I love the vibrancy of the colours in Patsy - The richness of the red and the deepness of the purple are wonderful. But then I also love the lightness of the Eddie. The pale blues and pinks running through the length of the yarn make me think of a light fantasy theme, like unicorns or fairies. That's probably not what it's meant to convey, but I love it nonetheless!! I am not sure what I will do with these yarns - I will have to browse Ravelry for something special.



In addition to the two skeins of yarn, there was also a 6 mm moulded crochet hook. I love these handled hooks so much - I do have some clover hooks, but I love to have the hand moulded ones too. Usually I like a Harty Hook from Fleabubs. The appeal of a moulded handle is that it fits nicely in my hand. The standard hooks are fine in the larger sizes, but as they get smaller they put pressure in various places on my hand, and so cause pain and soreness. Moulded hooks all the way! This moulded hook happens to have champagne bubbles on the handle. Some are raised up to give a nice texture, and some are painted on. It's a lovely tribute to Eddie and Patsy that just had to be done!



The tote bag with the word tree will make a great WiP bag, especially as I have Sainsbury's bags lying all over the house with my various WiPs in, and in fact my TH club blanket is already nestled inside. I do fear that the cats will make a bed of the bag though - They seem to know exactly where I don't want them sitting and they make a beeline for it!

Finally, there was a lovely wax block in the bag - strawberries and champagne scented, fittingly - which I have no idea how to burn! I have a little Stonehenge shaped oil burner, but I don't know if I can put wax in there. I am scared to try, which is a shame, as I am sure it smells lovely! Maybe I will have to ask hubby if we can get a wax burner, specially?



No comments: