Friday 15 July 2016

Blanket club part 6

Two days ago I took delivery of pack six of the TH blanket club. The yarn in this pack is again super soft and squishable - I swear, the softness is spoiling me! I have held off from posting about it's lovely softness, however, as I wanted to complete packs one to five.



I just noticed that you can see where I threw the pillows off the bed to take this photo!! Ooopsie! Haha!

It took me a few days to correct the stitch counts in each of the first 32 squares, and then to stitch them all back together. It was mind numbing, and I don't want to put myself in that situation again. Check your stitch counts, guys!! Once I finished the corrections, creating new squares became much more enjoyable. I have decided that the rather ambiguous colour from pack four, (which looked either pink or peach to me) is actually red after all! Once it was worked up it was quite obvious, and once it was placed next to the orange it was clear.

Pack five actually looked quite yellow to me, if I'm honest. There were a lot of very sunshiney or sunflowery colours in it, with some reds and some oranges, and it wasn't until I received the yarn for pack six that I was really sure it was orange. When pack six arrived, it was so yellow and almost neon that I half wanted to check whether it glowed in the dark!!



My aim now is to complete the sixth pack so that I am completely up to date before pack seven arrives, which I am pretty sure will be green! In the meantime, however, I have three unicorns to create, and at some point soon a Star Wars blanket to begin! I better get hooking then. :D

No comments: