Thursday 6 February 2014

Free time = Craft time!!

Well, I've not had much to do since being made redundant, so I taught myself to crochet. Hey - It's something, and all skills help at some point in life!!
My mum picked up the old dolls bedframe from a second hand shop for my niece. It was a nice little pink thing, but bare wood and not really very pretty, so I took it and said I'd spruce it up a little. Using only materials I had lying around in my craft collection and a £1.50 pillowcase from Wilko's, I managed to turn this:


Into this:


I even added curtains to it:


I'm pretty pleased with it overall, and the crochet blankets caused my son to turn around and ask for one of his own. So my long term project is now a 160cm*160cm crochet blanket, with a Creeper face on it (Minecraft - he's obsessed with that game!!)

I'll post pics as I work... :)

No comments: