Friday 28 March 2014

Creeper blanket!!!!

Ok, so I started this blanket on January 29th. I really wanted it finished by March 29th (tomorrow). When I first told Damien I would have it finished by today, the plan was for a total of 100 squares, 165cm in each direction. Easy peasy - just do 2 squares a day and it'll be done in 50 days!! Since then, however, Damien has told me he wants his name on it. Given how much of the blanket I had already done by that point, all I could do was add his name to the existing blanket, making it much bigger - 180 squares, and around about 250cm by 200cm. Yowzers - that is HUGE!! So, I stepped up the pace, some days doing 10 squares in a day. Now I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, serious muscle aches in my fore arms, and near constant eye strain. >.<

Well, the blanket won't be finished today. It is technically finished, in that all the squares are completed and sewn together, the stray threads are weaved and snipped, and - if I do say so myself - IT. LOOKS. AWESOME. However, now that it's finished, the raw edges have got a strange sort of scalloped look, and I don't like it. So, the plan has evolved yet again, and I am about to add an edging. Never one to do anything by halves, the edging is going to be 7 rounds. Yay for crazy amounts of extra effort!

This is the blanket as it stands now:

No comments: