Wednesday 6 April 2016

Yarn delivery!

The yarn for the Star Wars blanket has arrived!! I love getting yarn deliveries, but now that the yarn is here all I can think about is starting the blanket. Not really conducive to productivity on my other projects! Hahaha.

For this blanket I opted for DK acrylic - I know this blanket will get some heavy use, and with kids and cats in the household it needs to be easily washable. From past experience I have found that Stylecraft Special DK is very good for this - It works up well, and when it is washed it retains it's shape and it's colour. I have never washed at higher than 30 degrees though, and absolutely never tumble dry. Just in case. ;)

Again, I got my yarn from Wool Warehouse, and fortunately I was able to find a 10% off code on the internet (SC23, if anyone is interested!). So in total I got 36 100g balls of yarn for £58. It is a lot - both of yarn and money - but that's still a pretty good deal.

The colours I ordered for this blanket, including the additional squares I plan to add, were:

White (1001) x2
Black (1002) x11
Aster (1003) x1
Matador (1010) x2
Cloud Blue (1019) x1
Copper (1029) x1
Walnut (1054) x1
Graphite (1063) x2
Mocha (1064) x1
Grey (1099) x2
Sunshine (1114) x2
Royal (1117) x1
Silver (1203) x2
Parchment (1218) x2
Jaffa (1256) x1
Camel (1420) x3
Cypress (1824) x1


I realise that this is a lot of yarn. I am pretty convinced that I bought too much - I didn't realise that the webpage was listing the colour counts in 50g balls, while I bought 100g.... But with the extra squares I plan to do I at least know I will have enough yarn (unlike Sophie!) and maybe I can make a smaller lap blanket for the kiddie. :)





I do love a good yarn unboxing! Unfortunately, this yarn is going to be re-boxed again. At least until I have finished both Sophie and the Persian Tiles blankets....
Ah well....I better get a move on!

No comments: