Monday 4 July 2016

I actually finished! ...Sort of...



Ok, so my sister's wedding has been and gone - it was on Friday. She looked amazing, everybody cried when they saw her in her dress, the venue was perfect, all of her handmade decorations were exactly right....It was just wonderful. Perfection! In the aftermath of the wedding, my bedroom has found itself home to as much of my sister's bouquet as I could fit between my university textbooks. Well, I need to use them for something post-uni, right? Heheheh!



Believe it or not, I actually finished crocheting the second Persian Tiles blanket on the Wednesday before the wedding. I was so pleased with myself! Of course, finishing the crochet means I have to weave in all those pesky ends that I didn't weave in as I was going. At first I thought I could do it on Thursday but then life threw me a curve ball, as it so often does! As a result we didn't get to the hotel until after midnight, and I still needed to adjust Damien's page boy tie to fit a child! So that didn't work... Friday was the actual wedding, and I knew I didn't want to just leave the blankets in the gift pile and walk away - they were too personal a gift to gift in that way - so I wasn't in a hurry. I thought I could weave in the ends on the Saturday, and then gift the blankets on the Sunday when I went to see them before they went for their honeymoon... Yeah.... That didn't work either. After spending 90 minutes waiting on an ambulance, and over 4 hours in A&E for my partner (Don't worry - He's OK now!!!) and then still having to travel back home for three hours, I didn't have as much time on Saturday as I thought I had. So all in all I think I only managed to weave in about half of the ends, on one blanket. :-/ That was not the plan!


However, I wasn't going to let my sister go on her honeymoon before seeing her gift that I had spent months working on, and so I carried them round to her house last night. I confessed that I hadn't had as much time as I thought I would to get the blankets properly finished, but I wanted her to see them anyway. I've promised her that I will have the ends fully weaved in for her coming back from her honeymoon in the Far East. (That gives me three weeks!)

As it happens, they both absolutely loved them, and were surprised when I gave them a blanket each, which was really nice! I hadn't mentioned that I was making a 'his and hers' gift, and they seemed very touched to have one each. They love the design and the colours, and have asked me if (when I get time!) I can use the left over yarn to re-cover their footstool which is in a dire state right now. I would love to do that - In fact, I think the Mandala Madness pattern would work amazingly as a footstool cover. I don't really want to use the same Persian tiles pattern to cover the stool - For one, I am absolutely sick of those large octagon motifs, and for two, I thought about it last night, and I don't think the holes in the pattern would work well on the footstool. The Mandala Madness pattern (which I briefly discussed here) would be a nicely co-ordinating design, especially in the same colours, and has the added bonus of being a solid design, with few gaps.



The existing footstool cover

However, before I consider that, I have Edwin's Star Wars blanket to make a start on, my Square-a-day blanket to catch up on (I am currently at 18/31 linen stitch squares for May!), two packs of my TH yarn club to do, and now three unicorns to make - two are requests, and one will be a surprise gift. So even when I am not busy, I am really busy!!!

No comments: