Thursday 10 March 2016

And we're back!

Wow, it's been a while since I was regularly updating! Having a full time job will do that to you, I guess! Still, I'm temporarily out of work at the moment and back to crafting with a vengeance. :D I have a number of projects going on at the moment, of varying sizes, which I'm sure will be posted about much in the not -so-distant future.

Most recently I am working on a blanket for my sister's wedding. It's incredibly complicated - much more so than it looked when I was browsing for patterns! She gets married on the 1st July, and loves 'Moroccan' style colours. Lots of sandy colours, earthy tones. Browns, reds, oranges, etc. So when I saw this blanket on the Janie Crow website, I knew I had to make it for her. It's proving to be much more complicated than I first thought, and I am learning that I can't multi-task while I am working on it. That means no more watching TV while crocheting! :( But I am almost a week into starting the blanket, and am about 1/4 done, so it is getting there. :)

The pattern and kits can be bought here, though at this time the kits are currently out of stock.


The yarn - Stylecraft Life DK - is a blend of wool and acrylic which is interesting to work with, and the colours are nice and vibrant but it does pick up the cat hairs pretty badly. :( And the pattern calls for a LOT of stitch markers. Most of my plastic markers have snapped, so I wanted to buy some lobster clasp ones. When I saw the price of them compared to the price of a bag of silver plated lobster clasps, I decided I was probably better off buying the clasps! I still have a lot of charms left over from making the charm bracelets a few years ago, and so I can make as many stitch markers as I need. :) I have put little split rings on my charms ready for when my clasps arrive, but I'm getting sooo impatient! Hurry up already!

No comments: