Saturday 19 March 2016

TH Blanket Club - Pack 3

Pack three arrived early! This wasn't even supposed to be dispatched for another few days, so I'm pretty pleased to have it already.

This month's colour scheme is Pink! Very pink.



I am loving these colours - I think some of them are a little bright for my taste, but I think that combined with the purples from last month the bright pink will fall right into place.
I have also noticed that in every pack there are colours that are quite similar to the colours from the last pack. This is making me re-think my decision to NOT join my squares until the end. It is looking like the colours are a lot less random than I expected, and that there will always be some gradient to the colours. So maybe I should trust the dyer and just start joining the squares already?

One concern I have for this pack is that last skein on the end. It is looking a LOT smaller than the other 5 skeins. My blanket design relies on getting two squares from each skein, or else I will not have enough squares to complete the 'rectangle' shape of the blanket. I know that this pack featured a 'guest' dyer, so I am hoping that it is simply a case of the skein being dyed and wound by a different person, and therefore being wound tighter. If I don't get the two squares out of the skein, I'm not sure what I will do. It would be quite a problem....

At least the decision of which colour to start first is easy!!

No comments: