Wednesday 16 March 2016

Sophie's Garden

What do you do when you're feeling a bit rough, and none of your WIPs are appealing? Well, if you're me, you start a new one! I guess this is why I have so many unfinished projects on the go at the moment.
I was supposed to go to my yarn meet today, but am feeling a bit rough around the edges, so have opted for curling up on the sofa under a (not crocheted) blanket, and I have picked up a project I intended to start a year ago: Sophie's Universe:



The yarn I am using for this project is Cascade Yarns 'Pacific Chunky' with a 7mm hook. It is a lovely thick acrylic/merino blend, and it is so soft. I love soft, squishy yarn, so I can't believe it has taken me so long to pick it up - I bought the yarn a year ago. from Wool Warehouse, when they had 10% off and I could justify spending almost £100 on yarn!

Technically, I am starting with 'Sophie's Garden', the original square Crochet Along. The pattern, step by step photo tutorial and FAQs, troubleshooting, and other notes can still be found on the website at Look At What I Made.



I haven't been working on this for very long, but the design is working up very quickly. The photo tutorials and pattern are easy to follow, and the yarn is wonderful to work with (although I almost always say that!) I am not sure how large it will be in the end, using the yarn I am using. Nor do I know whether I even have enough yarn. I sure hope so! I'm not sure I can justify buying even more yarn when this is what my bedroom looks like:



Fingers crossed!!

No comments: