Wednesday 30 March 2016

All Hail the Great Cthulu

My partner is into board games - I mean really into board games. He adds to his collection every month, sometimes spending upwards of £100 on a game! I don't mind, because the games are fun to play, and let's face it - I spend enough on craft supplies, right? We are beginning to run out of storage space though....



Recently he bought a game called Cthulu Dice. It's not a bad game - A small dice game based on keeping or losing your sanity to the Elder Gods (It's not as good as Zombie Dice though!) - but it came in a vacuum packed box and thus once you opened it there was no way of re-sealing it again. The game had no storage space! All these little sanity counters were just lying on the table with nothing to put them back into.... So I crocheted a quick dice holder.



I didn't follow a pattern for this one - Just made it up as I went. I used the yarn from my son's plush Creeper - King Cole Moods Duet, in the Meadows colourway - and two 5mm black eyes. It has a draw string to close it through the tentacles, and is just the right size for the Cthulu Die and all the sanity tokens. I am very pleased with how this turned out, for a couple of hours work, and so is my partner. Cthulu sits proudly on his shelf, tentacles dangling.



Long live Cthulu.

No comments: