Sunday 20 March 2016

Sophie

In my spare time (spare time? That's a bit of a joke, really!) I have been working on Sophie.



She is still working up really fast, and is actually very enjoyable. This is actually my favourite project so far, I think.
With almost every round I am learning new stitches and patterns - which is always a bonus - and the step by step pattern is very easy to follow. I don't think I have enough yarn though - I only bought one ball of certain colours, and I am starting to get a little low on those colours! I have already worked through one complete ball of turquoise, and am low on the deep heather, yellow and purple. That'll teach me to use an alternative yarn!!
I am considering gifting this blanket to my mum. She is going on several trips to cold places in the upcoming year, and I have never crocheted her a gift. All of my sisters have had gifts - either scarves for themselves, or gifts for their children - but my mum has always been overlooked. Here's hoping this blanket rectifies that! It is thick and warm, though getting quite heavy, and very colourful. I think it will be just what she needs when she is whale watching in Scotland, or travelling to the Northern Cape to see the Northern Lights. I just hope she likes it!!

No comments: