Wednesday 23 March 2016

TH Blanket Club 3/9

At the risk of getting a bit repetitive, this is yet another post about my TH blanket club progress! It will be the last one for about 5 weeks though, because I have literally gone as far as I can go with this pack. All done... Finished... Finito...



In total I have finished 36 squares - two squares for each mini skein posted, twelve of each colourway. I was planning on joining them together in stripes, so there would have been nine stripes of twelve squares. I hadn't joined them together up until now because I was unsure how the colours sent were going to look with the colours still to come. However, having seen the colours in the third pack I am beginning to suspect that we are getting a rainbow gradient. I could be completely wrong, but we have had blue, then purple, and finally pink. And each of the colour packs has had skeins in it that are very close in colour to the previous one, presumably in case we were planning on doing stripes, or granny squares or something. On that premise, I am expecting the next colours to be along the lines of red, orange and yellow.

Assuming that this is the case - and under the assumption that I can just undo them if it is not - I decided yesterday that I actually wanted to start joining the squares together. Quite frankly I'm running out of storage space for them and am worried that I will lose squares or mix up the colourways!
My partner said that he actually doesn't like stripes so much, (and considering that almost all of my granny blankets are stripes, and I am already doing my rainbow ripple in stripes) I have changed my mind about strips of colour. I instead turned each colourway into a 3 by 4 block of colour, and joined those together. It still fits the 12 by 9 size that I am going for and although I wasn't sure about it before I started, I actually think it looks ruddy awesome!



He has good taste, that man.

No comments: