Monday 28 March 2016

Sophie's Garden

Disaster has struck! I have run out of at least three colours for my mum's blanket and while I can order more, Wool Warehouse is out of stock of multiple colours, and since it has been a year since I ordered the original balls, I can't get the same dye lots of the colours that are left.
Fortunately, Sophie's Garden is a pattern that lends itself to improvisation! All the colour changes mean that hopefully nobody will notice if the colours are slightly different shades, or if other colours drop out of the blanket altogether.

I have completely finished the first four parts of the photo tutorial now, which means that Sophie's Garden is now complete. When I next pick up my hook, I will be starting work on Sophie's Universe.
So, this is what it is looking like as of writing this, and for once I didn't crop the cat out of the photo because I think it gives a nice sense of size, (This is Wicky, who is just one of my three).



As I am now out of several colours, I am forced to stop working on Sophie. It is a major blow, as my Mum's birthday is the 17th April. I really don't have time to be twiddling my thumbs....

Guess I better pick up my Persian Tiles for a while!

No comments: