Friday 25 March 2016

Sophie's Garden to Universe

With April looming fast - and therefore my mum's birthday - (and in the absence of any lobster clasps!!) I have had to turn my attention back to Sophie.

I say that as though Sophie is a chore - It really isn't. I love watching Sophie work up, and it's really going to be a wrench to give it away! And after showing Sophie to my sister, my sister has decided that she would also like one, just the same. This is the same sister that I am crocheting the Persian Tiles for though, so she may have to wait a while. It's nice to know that my efforts are appreciated, mind!



There is not much of Sophie's 'Garden' left before I start into Sophie's 'Universe'. I have just started part four of the photo tutorial, and the circle is just starting to square off. I adore the treble clusters that are making up the leaves in the corner - they and the popcorn stitches make me think of tulips, while the bright yellow makes me think of daffodils. I really hope that my mum sees the same things in it.

I have just over three weeks to get Sophie finished - While my mum is currently busy potholing and spelunking in the Peak district, she will be back in time for her birthday.

Fun, fun, fun!!

No comments: