Tuesday 24 May 2016

Persian Tiles progress

Hello!!! I am sorry for the lack of updates! Between trying to find a new job, getting the house ready for moving, and getting my son through his SATs, things have been pretty hectic around here. I haven't spent as much time crocheting as I would have liked. Which is a shame, because I am starting to worry about my sister's wedding gifts now.

Last time I posted I had made the decision to make two Persian Tile blankets - one for my sister and one for her fiancée. This was because the overall size of the blanket was smaller than I originally anticipated. It is a great size for one person to snuggle under for movies, but not two.

Progress has really picked up lately, and I do think I can get both done by the wedding if I really push it - They're not that big after all. But joining the motifs together and weaving in the ends? It's just so dull!!!. Here is my progress on the first so far:



The blanket is 4 by 4 octagonal motifs, so this is very nearly finished, and then there is an edging which won't take nearly as long! When I lay it flat I remember why I fell in love with it in the process. The colours are just so vibrant, and the squares offset the orange of the octagons so nicely. I really can't wait to gift them, and I am hoping to gift them a few days before the wedding if possible, as my sister recently asked me if I would be able to crochet a throw for the sofa in the hall where they are throwing their reception. With a bit of luck, although not fitting with black and white theme, these might be suitable for that too!

No comments: