Tuesday 3 May 2016

Stress, stress, stress!

It's been a while since I last updated here. There are two reasons for that - The first is that I was at first too busy with sewing the Bad Moon Rising shirts to do much crafting of any sort.

After I finished 81 shirts last week and sent them off, I was able to spend some time crocheting. I caught up on my 'Square-a-day' blanket - I finished all of the remaining squares for March, which were the two tone squares with the circle in the middle. Then I crocheted like crazy to complete the squares for April, before April ended! I chose to use this Sweetest Baby Blanket pattern from Moogly, cutting it short at three rounds to make the squares the same size as what I had already done. And I actually succeeded in finishing all 30 squares before April ended. I was rather pleased with this.



Now, you might notice that this is not actually my picture.... This is the second reason why I haven't updated in a while. When I came to take a photograph of the squares design I was using, I realised that I had lost my phone. My phone is my lifeline, and while I probably should invest in a proper camera, I do in fact use my phone for all of my photography. It has been almost a week now since I realised it was missing, and I still have not found it. As soon as I do I will, of course, post up to date photographs of my projects. But in the meantime text will have to do, and I really did not want to resort to that. I was hoping to find my phone before I posted...

For May's square, I am using the linen stitch Manghan square, from Look At What I Made. My squares have thus far been single colours, but I have a lot of ends to use up and this would be an excellent means to do that.



Again, not my photo.... *sad face*

In between my daily squares, I am working on my sister's wedding blanket. I have since decided that I want to do two blankets - His and Hers, as you will. However, I have less than two months to complete the two blankets, and I am only about 6/16 through the first one. And like a plonker I agreed to sew more Bad Moon shirts! This is the last batch though. I'm not going to take any more after these. I feel like I am losing control of my other deadlines! I clearly am not as good at multitasking as I thought I was...

It won't be long before I get the fourth package from my TH blanket club, either....

Now.....Where has that phone got to.....

No comments: