Saturday 7 May 2016

Singing Sunflower!

So, another project on my never-ending 'to-do' list - The singing sunflower!

Ok, so it doesn't actually sing. I found this pattern through Facebook, and when I saw it, I knew I had to make it. In fact, I have to make ten or twelve of them. In the game I play, World of Warcraft, there is a companion called the Singing Sunflower. It is acquired through an annoyingly difficult Plants versus Zombies style mini-game which tends to rely on luck rather than any kind of actual skill. Once (If!) you complete the game though, you are rewarded with this cute little sunflower pet, which does sing:



Daegore with his Singing Sunflower

So when I came across this free pattern by Ink and Stitches, I immediately noticed the resemblance to my annoying, sickly sweet, loyal little sunflower.



So, when I finally get some time in between projects with a deadline, I plan on making one of these sunflowers for each member of our guild's raiding team. Official Ænigma mascots! That's a lot of sunflowers though. Our raiding team is growing regularly - It started with about 8 people, and now we have 14-18 people regularly turn up on a Wednesday evening! That's a lot of crochet time!

No comments: