Monday 30 May 2016

Knickers to the Horde!!

As I have mentioned a number of times, my sister is getting married soon. In about 5 weeks, to be exact. This means two things - First, I am running out of time to finish the two Persian Tiles blankets I am working on. But secondly, HEN NIGHT!!!!!



My sister in fact had a hen weekend, and it was amazing. The first day and night was very much what you would expect from a standard hen - We went out for dinner, where I tried a catfish jambalaya for the first time, then we went to a cocktail bar where everyone around me drank a great number of cocktails, (I'm not a big drinker, and when I do drink I drink beer!), and we ended the night by hitting a nightclub. The nightclub in question was very impressive. Based in an old theatre, there were a number of cabaret and dance acts, cake eating competitions, free alcohol, the biggest disco ball I had ever seen, and the music was all 80's, 90's and 00's cheese - Our 'Guilty Pleasures'. Overall, the night was very enjoyable, even if my anti-social self did feel a bit out of my depth.



The second day was a LOT more my thing. After a slow breakfast, we headed out to 'Drink, Shop, Do' near Camden in London, where we had an English cream tea - sandwiches, scones and cakes galore! Om nom nom! After our tea, we had an organised activity - embroidering panties!!! Definitely a hen activity, but much more refined. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Having chosen our pants size, we were provided with a selection of templates - and it was a WIDE selection! There were sharks, unicorns, hearts, flowers, engagement rings, candy skulls, and a lot of tattoo style designs. Of course, there was also the obligatory selection of boobs and willies! Many of the girls chose the unicorns, but I was feeling very much like none of the designs really suited me. I mean, if you're going to have a design embroidered on your knickers, it really ought to be a reflection of yourself, right? Right!

After discarding the templates and taking a big drink of my glittery bellini, I set out to create my own design.



FOR THE HORDE!!!

This lovely symbol - which my sister assures me looks like both a willy and 'weird lady parts' - is the symbol for the faction I associate with in my game, World of Warcraft. I have been playing this game for 9 years now, it's how I met my partner, and how I met some of my now closest friends. I wouldn't be who I am today without World of Warcraft, as sad as that may make me seem. ^^ So when it came to choosing a design for my panties, there was really no other option!

Of course, choosing my own design left me at a bit of a disadvantage, as I was only just transferring my design to the pants while others were quite far into the actual embroidery. So of course I finished last. And at around £30, these pants are the most expensive pair of pants I own - even considering the fact that they are from Marks and Spencers....



They took me several hours, and an entire skein of red embroidery thread, but these are now officially my favourite pants.



No comments: