Wednesday 13 April 2016

90 rounds completed!

I have just completed round 90 of 113 total rounds. This means I'm about 79% done with Sophie, though I only have three days left to complete her.
I have also pre-emptively ordered more yarn - Two balls each of the two blue colours. There's no way I have enough to finish the 23 remaining rounds, I just don't know how much short I'm going to be. I hope that I have ordered enough and that it arrives before I power through the few balls I have left. I didn't want to wait until I ran out before I ordered more because I am on such a tight schedule.



Due to the cost of the yarn so far I'm going to have to get creative with the remaining colours to complete Sophie. For example, I am now completely out of the light green I was using, but I have almost 2 balls of a darker, olive green. So any green rows from now on will be substituted with olive. It's not ideal - Olive will darken the blanket, but considering the olive will pretty much be close to the edge I think I might be able to get away with it. The flowers on the olive are supposed to be fuchsia, but I need the fuchsia for the zigzags around the edge, so I might pair the olive with some cream. It might lighten the look of the olive at the same time.

I feel like all I'm doing right now is trying to work out how best to use my remaining yarn - It's becoming almost like a game of yarn chicken tetris or something!

I took a photo of Sophie laid out across the bed. Please pardon the unmade look - The sheets are in the laundry today! There is no way I can get all of Sophie in the camera lens now, So I might start laying Sophie out on the floor, and standing on the bed? I'm just not sure there's this much floor space anywhere in the entire flat!



Three days left

No comments: