Sunday 10 April 2016

Sophie!

Well, the yarn for Sophie is here. :D I have spent most of the day trying to make progress on it, to the point where I dropped out of pre-organised events in my game, and I never miss those.
But it's working out, as Sophie is growing. She is now too big to lay out on either my sofa or my gaming table, so photographs are going to slow down purely because the bed is a less convenient place for taking photos! That, and Sophie is getting too big for me to fit all of her in the camera lens... I already had to stand on the furniture. Maybe if I ask my partner to boost me on his shoulders....?

I was quite pleased with my delivery from Love Knitting, who I don't usually use. The yarn came in the same lovely organza bags that Wool Warehouse use, and it was nicely presented. They also included some boiled sweets in one of the bags, and a 10% off coupon for my next order, though the coupon does have a use by date on it. This upset me a little, as I am well over budget for yarn this month and definitely can't be ordering any more yarn for a long while. I would love to, I just can't. :(



I was also very happy with the substituted 'gold' yarn. I obviously would have preferred to get my hands on some of the 'yellow' shade that I originally started the project with, but the new one is definitely a nice yellow, not too disimilar to the original colour. It is more vibrant - more of a canary colour than a gold though. I really don't think that it will look too out of place in the pattern, especially as the pattern calls for a 'Canary' yellow. I just couldn't get it at the time.

I now have 7 days to get Sophie finished, so many things will be put on hold - including my game and possibly my blogging! It's very important to me that I get this done on time - I'm currently on Round 74 of I don't know how many. It doesn't help that I've had to frog almost the entirety of this round because I put my 3 double crochets in the wrong place. ...On every side.... Wish me luck!

No comments: