Monday 11 April 2016

Definitely Getting There

So, I am currently on round 77 of 113 rounds of Sophie. This means that I am actually further along than I thought I was - about 68% done - and if I can manage to get 6 or 7 rounds done a day I could actually make it in time for my Mum's birthday. The problem is that I am going so late at night that I start to make stupid mistakes. Last night I had to frog the same round twice over - The first time I had done three and a half sides before I realised I'd been making mistakes in every side. So I frogged it, did two sides, then realised I hadn't quite frogged it far enough and I had to pull it all the way back and start again. I must have spent hours on that one round, which basically was 40 popcorn stitches, 24 (US) doubles, and a bunch of singles. It should not have been that hard, but I was so tired by that point I was making stupid mistakes.



Then this round - Round 77 - had to be pulled back about 250 stitches, all because I missed a sc, ch1, sc cluster. One single group of stitches missed out, that just happened to be at the very beginning of the round. I was not impressed with myself..... Currently mid way through round 77 however, Sophie now measures 49 inches from straight edge to straight edge, and 53 inches on the diagonal. It will be close to five feet when it is finished. I am only five foot six, so it is definitely going to be big enough!



I now have added incentive to get Sophie finished this week, as I have been offered an opportunity of some paid work (from home) from my old employer. Considering how much I have spent on yarn this month I would be an idiot to say no! So at some point I can expect delivery of some jackets, for embroidering the lapels. Fun, fun, fun!!

No comments: