Friday 8 April 2016

Another Sophie Disaster!

I have run out of yarn, again!!! This time I have run out of the colours that I was unable to order the first time around. Wool Warehouse - my usual go to for all things yarny - was out of stock of the other colours I needed, and they are still out of stock now. After some internet snooping I am beginning to get the impression that Cascade are no longer making one of the shades, 'yellow'. While really bloody annoying, this is the risk you take when you buy yarn for a project and then don't start said project for another year....

After some extended internet browsing, I was able to come across another website which had most of the colours I needed - Love Knitting. The only one missing was that pesky 'yellow' shade, which isn't even listed on Cascade's own website. I have substituted 'yellow 12' for 'Gold 13', and I am hoping that the colour change will not seem so obvious, given that the blanket is a host of colour changes. As long as I don't change colour mid row I should be ok.
So I added the yarn to my basket - another 12 balls - and as it was my first purchase I managed to get a discount code for 15% off! That is more than I would have gotten from Wool Warehouse, so I was impressed, but it was a one time only deal. So I don't know how often I will be going to Love Knitting for yarn over Wool Warehouse...

So, here is Sophie as she stands - I am partway through part 8 of 20... Worried about how long the rest of my yarn will last. So far I am blasting through yarn like there is no tomorrow, but hopefully I have enough of the other colours to last....



Because of this extra delay, I have had to admit to my mum that I was making her something for her birthday, but that I don't think it will be ready in time. I've lost too much time on it. Apparently, she already knew... Go figure... Mums, eh?

No comments: